Hey everyone!! I am so so sorry that this particular post has gotten to you guys so very late. My life at the moment is getting pretty hectic; suddenly being forced to move out within one-two months is a big ordeal in my life, as finding a place to live is impossible apparently in the world I live in. But, no matter what happens, blogging will continue! (Even though I was taken away from it for days on end ><)
Andddddd HAPPY CHINESE/LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Hope all you people who celebrate it (me included) had/have a nice time spending with the family and celebrating the New Year with everyone! 恭喜发财！！！
Anyway, thank you to the the lovely Sarah from DramAdrenaline, Coffeenlucia, Chocokokoro and Kelly from Kellydramafantasy for nominating me for the award!!! You have no idea how much this means to me >//<
So, I honestly cannot believe that this is actually happening; seriously, when I first found out, I thought that it was a joke. I got nominated for a Liebster Award, which in blogging-land is a REALLY BIG DEAL! It is also quite legit, so there are rules and everything! Wait, give me a sec while I run away and calm down for a bit, yeah? *Runs around in a circle for 15 minutes non-stop* Okay…I think I’m…going to be sick!
How the Liebster Awards works:
1. Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Sarah’s questions :-
1. If you could change a drama’s ending, which drama would it be? What would the new ending be?
For me, Goong’s ending was a huge disappointment for me. Not just because the ending itself had no ending, but rather, why would you make such an ending if you weren’t planning to follow it up with another season or something? COME ON PEOPLE, I NEED A PROPER ENDING!
*Clears throat* So, what I would have done instead was ANYTHING BUT THAT ENDING! Sorry, didn’t want to spoil it for anyone, so I won’t bother saying anything. Just remake that entire ending, or follow up with another season/special episode. That’s all I’m asking folks!
2. 5 cool facts about yourself?
Cool facts?? (I’m cool?! THANK YOU ^^) Well~~ I’ll just give you 5 facts, and you can judge for yourself whether or not they’re cool or not!
1. I am a pretty solid introvert. Once, I stayed at home for 4 days straight. The only reason why I left the house was because I had to go to work.
2. I am a sucker for music (if you haven’t already noticed from the abundance of reviews on this blog site) but also a killer as well. If I become really attached to a song, I’ll replay it over and over again for a couple of days before I totally get sick of it and put it aside. However, I probably will be listening to it again a couple of months later in a shuffle playlist (weirdo, I know…)
3. The only tea I drink at home is green tea. The only other tea I ever drink is milk tea, and that’s once every full moon ^^
4. Ever since I was in year 8 (~13 years of age) I have never grown my hair past my shoulders; Mother has something against me and long hair *shrugs*
5. I’m not afraid of watching any horror/gore movies (in fact, I love watching them >//<), but when it comes to melodramas/touching movies, I sob like a baby.
3. What got you into watching dramas?
Dude, I’m Chinese. To us Chinese (or Asians overall) watching dramas is part of our culture – in our blood almost. But the first drama I can remember clearly was “Journey To The West 2”, a TVB drama which had been Mandarin-dubbed. This was probably when I was…3? 4? Something like that anyway. From then onwards, I was much accustomed to dramas from a lot of other cultures. However, it wasn’t until I was a lot older where I ventured out myself and looked up online to see what K-dramas or J-dramas were.
4. What is your favorite drama? And why?
Everyone knows that that is a hard question for anyone (unless you just hate dramas overall…how dare you?!) As I had stated in Sarah’s question before about my all-time favourite drama, this question likewise poses a dilemma for me to answer. I guess I can say that a favourite drama would be a drama that I don’t mind going back to watch from start to finish with hardly any skipping. In that case, I will mention another drama that I didn’t bother listing before – Jewel In The Palace (Dae Jang Geum)
Okay, you may be wondering why I didn’t mention this before in the other question. This is because of the reason for this drama; it is a favourite because it carries many memories for me, but it isn’t an all-time favourite. I can’t cope watching this all the time when I feel like watching an old drama. The others, yes but this one…no. Once in a while, when I feel that I have enough time to get through all 54 episodes (yes, you read that right, 54 episodes) and that I am emotionally alright, I would go ahead and watch it ^^
5. How much time do you devote a day to blogging?
Usually, I think about blogging everyday, whether it is a simple brainstorm to actually watching something and then sitting down to just type and type and type. But recently, with life just tumbling all over me, I haven’t had the heart to blog properly. I haven’t even continued with the dramas I’ve started…and that feeling just sucks. I promise I will change, just not yet I guess.
6. How much time do you devote a day to watching dramas?
It depends. If it is a drama that has been running for a while and I only started now, I can do speed runs and watch 6-7 episodes in one day. Normally though, 2-3 hours of drama watching every 2-3 days seems to make more sense to my brain than the speed-runs. But, one vow I made to myself was that I would never leave an episode hanging. If I start an episode, I will finish it in that sitting. Never would I watch half today, then the other the next day; no man, that is not how I roll.
7. If you could create a drama, what would be the plot?
If it were me, I would like to fulfil HanGeng and Siwon oppa’s wish, which was to be together in a Chinese Mafia movie. Instead, change that movie into a drama, and there you will have hours and hours of action, drama and endless
bromance friendship. Plot would be probably something like them two working together for years in some secret force. Then, half-way through, one of them makes a huge mistake against the other, and is fired from the force. Eventually, one of them seeks revenge; the other forgiveness. And then let’s see where that goes ^^
8. Do you watch dramas by yourself or with other people?
By myself. Since I’m someone who likes their alone time, watching by myself at home is the best feeling ever. Besides, I don’t know that many people who watch what I watch.
9. What’s your favorite food?
Mum’s cooking, hands down. Nothing beats home-made food, people – enjoy it while it lasts. If you asked me this exact question 4 years ago, the answer would be entirely different…and now I think back and almost regret; never would I have thought that home-made food was so precious.
And now Choco’s questions:-
- I Miss You (보고싶다) – Kim Bum Soo from Stairways to Heaven
- Because I Miss You (그리워서…) – Jung Yong Hwa from Heartstrings
- 천애지아 (하늘 끝에 이르는 바람) – Jang Na Ra from Dong Yi
- 그리고 그리며 – Various Artists from Painter of the Wind
- The One and Only You (그대 한 사람) – Kim Soo Hyun from The Moon That Embraces The Sun
- Don’t Forget (잊지 말아요) – Baek Ji Young from Iris
- Enough To Die (죽을만큼) – Choi Jin Hyuk from It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl
1. If you can be a female drama lead in any drama, who would it be?
As I mentioned above, Ma Hye-Ri would be an awesome female lead to cover. If I had another choice though, it would probably be Han Ga-In’s role in “The Moon That Embraces The Sun”, simply because I wouldn’t mind acting alongside Soo-Hyun oppa anyday! Ga-In unni did a beautiful job in that drama however, everyone knows who actually stole the show! *wink wink* OPPA, SARANGHAE lol!
2. What would you do if a banana you are about to eat comes to life and begs you for his/her life?
HAHA love the question. This situation could go both ways. One: I scream out of shock, throw the banana into the air and it lands splat on the floor – dead, end of story.
Or two: I talk to it, nurture it and it somehow grants me my lifelong dream(s). Then, I turn around and it turns me into a banana too. Crap!
3.What is your all time favourite song to sing at the karaoke?
For me and my best friend, we always end up singing together one of Kelly Clarkson’s classics, “Never Again”. Don’t ask me why; the song kinda popped up spontaneously once and it has been a sort-of tradition since!
4. What subject are you majoring in and do you know what you want to be in the future/what is your occupation?
This year I will be in my second year of studying my Arts/Education degree i.e. I’m studying to become a high school teacher yo! I’m majoring in the Arts Department, with the specific subjects Chinese (Mandarin) and History.
However, that isn’t my only job description. I am currently also a checkout operator at Coles (huge supermarket business in Australia) and have been for almost 4 years! Finally, I write articles for DramaFever (does that count as a job??) as well as this blog! *phew* It looks like someone’s busy haha!
5.If the world ends in a week, would you still watch dramas for the remaining time or would you think that it’s a waste of time?
Logically, I would probably be spending half that time watching dramas, especially towards the end of that week. Intially, I would probably believe that watching anything is considered a waste, so spending time with friends and family is priotity no. 1. Later on though, some personal self-time will be needed hence, the dramas come in. Dramas would seem like an escape haven for me; they will take me to my happy place once and for all 😦
6. Do you believe in supernatural beings such as ghost, gumiho, aliens, etc.?
Not really; the only exception would probably be things such as ‘spirits’ since I believe that reincarnation is a thing ^^ I honestly believe that all of us has lived another separate life in the past before, and that we have been reborn and ‘cleansed’ to become someone else. It’s something that my father taught me when I was a wee little child, and have been believing ever since ^^
7. What influences your choice in picking a drama to watch?
The main one is the reviews that my fellow bloggers write. I tend to read either their first couple of recaps on the drama, or I end up reading their review if they post one up. If it’s a new upcoming drama, I read around for a brief synopsis, list of cast members and background knowledge of the writer and director(s). However, the reviews are definitely the main influence.
8. What is the earliest memory you can remember?
The earliest memory of mine is a memory that still seems to freak me out today. When I was roughly around 2 years of age, I was at a park with mum and dad. Eventually, I find myself climbing up a tree, poking at a bird’s nest. Next thing I know, a bird (probably Mumma bird) swoops down at me and starts poking its beak at the top of my head. I end up screaming out in pain and fall out of the tree, holding my head while wailing in pain. Never went back to that park again – we Chinese people are too superstitious sometimes.
9. What food out of any dramas you’ve watch do you want to try?
It’s not just the food I want to try – it’s the experience that I crave too. The one thing that I want to do is actually go up to a little food stall, buy anything and just stand there and eat it. Apparently all of those food stalls are good, so picking any is pretty good. Also, those Korean sandwiches look goddamn awesome too. I’m trying to teach myself how to make a proper one, but without an actual example to follow, it is a little more difficult than I expected ><
10.What would you do if you have amnesia? (kinda like making up your own story involving amnesia)
Alrighty, finished with all of those questions! Yippey! Now, onto the nominees, which are in no particular order! I choose:
4. Kdrama Laws
8. Random Soju
Congrats to you all! Now, here are my questions! I do know that this post is really, really late so if ya can’t answer them, don’t worry then ^^
1. What got you so interested in Asian culture?
2. Do you tend to express your love for Asian culture outside of the blogging world (with friends, family, work or school?)
3. If you were able to become fluent in only one language overnight, which would it be and what would you do with such skills?
4. Have you got another hobby apart from blogging? If so, what is it and how often do you do it?
5. If you were only one of the last two survivors of a zombie apocalypse (cliqued, I know lol), who would your other survivor buddy be?(could be celebrity, family, even your pet ><)
6. Which is your all-time favourite variety show?
7. What is one food you wish to try out?
8. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
9. Who or what is your ideal male/female?
10. One piece of advice for those who are currently blogging/wanting to start a blog
❤ Yami Hyunnie ^^~